9313RE: [Hammock Camping] australian heritage fleet hammock

  • Dave Bellinski
    Jun 1, 2005
      Slowhike,

      I have the same questions regarding material to use. I was thinking of using
      silk, Cordura, or pack cloth. I used some Cordura when I built my pack, and
      it was difficult to rip out stiching in this material.

      Instead of rope edges, I was considering using 1" poly straps that would
      allow zig-zag stitching and bar tacking.

      I also thought of adding a bottom layer of 1.1 ripstop, to hold a pad.

      Any suggestions from experienced builders?

      Light'ning

      _____