9256Re: Comfort overnight

  • dlfrost_1
    May 23, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Paul V." <cruisenewsnet@y...>
      wrote:
      > I tried to spend the night in my hammock last weekend but had some
      > comfort problems: my behind and feet were supported, but my legs
      were
      > not, so my knees were locked straight. This was OK for a few hours,
      > but then I couldn't comfortably lay that way any more.

      I agree with what Ed said, esp. the length. Your hammock looks too
      short. I'd add at least two feet of length overall to the hammock
      and shorten the tie off lines by the same amount to maintain the same
      swag that you have. Then you'll have a better chance of lying off-
      axis enough to be comfortable. One of those zip-up fleece bags might
      be useful for cooler nights.

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic