9251Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock bivy idea!

  • jerry boucher
    May 23, 2005
      I think a better idea than that is to buy you a swag which is the tent sleeping pad and completely waterproof living quarters that you can roll up and carry on a backpack and has tow rope ends that you can tie to the same tree as your hammock and use a nylon fish net type hammock to let the water escape and you would have the perfect night shelter. I live in Australia and the swag is very popular here because of its convenience in camping. Later Jerry

      hiking@... wrote:> Had an idea today. A hanging hammock bivy. Bottom is 1.1 oz
      > siliconized nylon and top piece would be epic or some breathable
      > material. Sewed up tight and sealed. Tied Speer style on both ends
      > with a zipper to enter near the top like Bibler bivy's. Advantages-
      > Could slide the pad into the body during summer. Could drop it to the
      > ground in winter and would have a real bivy sack under the tarp. And
      > of course- the standard hammock during the rest of the season with the
      > option of being able to get in it.
      > Crazy idea? Hanging bivy hammock.
      >
      > Todd

      I'd suggest the zipper on the side, connecting the top piece and the
      hammock. I think entry from the top would prove difficult.

      mike