8948Re: Your advice- sleeping on back?

  • zippydooda
    May 3, 2005
      You should be able to get on your side pretty well, huh? I'm a side
      and belly sleeper. I can get my body rotated 45-60 degrees to the
      side, and then get my head totally sideways or even down a little. I
      use a pillow. It helps me get my head at the right angle and gets my
      face out of the fabric.

      If you are a belly only sleeper, then maybe a hammock isn't worth it.
      I'm usually on my side, and on the ground I end up with lots of
      shoulder and hip pain. If I could do 100% back or belly sleeping I
      might go back to sleeping on the ground. Shh, don't tell the group ;-)

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "athiker1994" <athiker94@g...>
      wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > Thanks for all the great information first of all. I am a belly
      > sleeper and have been trying to get used to hammock sleeping in the
      > backyard. I built a prototype speer hammock and am trying it out. I am
      > staying warm with a foam pad and a down bag but it's really hard
      > getting used to sleeping on my back and semi-side. Is this something
      > that becomes better with time or should I relegate myself to the cold
      > ground again. :)
      >
      > Thank you,
      > "Earplug" AT94
      > Todd