8926Bad trip

  • Marta Clark
    May 2, 2005
      I went camping with my husband this weekend and made
      the semi-ultimate sacrifice--I let him sleep in the
      new hammock while I slept in the tarptent on the
      ground. His hammock experience didn't work out all
      that well. We were up high on the AT, where the trees
      have not leafed out yet, and a steady, driving rain
      started up, intensifying as the night progressed. He
      woke up around midnight laying in a pool of water.
      The Pea Pod was pretty well soaked. He moved the
      insulated pad up under him and warmed up a bit, but it
      was a pretty bad night.

      When we got home, I read him the paragraphs in
      "Hammock Camping" about hanging a sock or something on
      the line to deal with this problem.

      It surprised me that it happened since the previous
      weekend, at Trail Fest, with all that rain, sleet, and
      snow, I had not had any water run down the straps and
      into the hammock. Do you all keep something on the
      line to intercept drips all the time?

      Marta

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic