8913Banning of 'The Troll'

    May 1, 2005
      I'd like to extend my thanks to the many folks who contacted me in the
      past few days about an undesirable new member to our List. The strong
      consenses was that this individual probaly had nothing constructive to
      add to our community. Based on his past behavior on several other
      Lists, his participation in our List was expected to be disruptive and
      abusive. This individual has therefore been banned from our List after
      only a couple of posts.

      While I hate being this heavy handed as moderator of this List, our
      community has spoken and encouraged me to take this action. While I
      take full responsibility for the action, I'd like to point out that we
      are a community, and as such have the full right to set some basic
      guidelines for behavior. This is the first time in 3 years I've had to
      ban someone other than spammers--not bad for a group as diverse as
      ours. Overall our group is extrememly well behaved and I am very
      pleased with the free and supportive exchange of ideas. Keep up the
      good work and let me know if I need to take action again.

      Thanks again to those who spoke up....Ed
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List