883Hammock Bivy

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Mar 16, 2003
      Just finished sewing a hammock-compatible bivy sack. Goretex top and
      coated ripstop bottom with half-length zipper. I made it to use either
      on the ground or in a hammock. Both ends have 12 inch velcro slits
      through which the hammock ties can extent. I had to make the head end
      longer than necessary for ground use in order to clear the end of the
      hammock. Seems to add quite a bit of warmth while in the hammock. One
      could put insulation or extra clothes in the bottom portion under the
      hammock just like a Garlington Insulator. I've posted a picture on
      Sgt. Rock's site
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic