8782Hammock popularity

  • Dave Bellinski
    Apr 26, 2005
      I was a few miles South of the Trailfest location last week on a previously
      arranged section hike. I wish I could have made it to your get-together.

      Wanted to report that last year in the same area (Springer thru Low Gap), I
      saw one hammock, this year I saw at least 8. Hammock popularity is growing.

      None of the hammocks I saw were sporting additional insulation so I'm sure
      they spent some chilly nights when the temps dropped.

      I had slung a space bivy beneath my HH and it helped but was by no means
      perfect. Will keep working at it.

      Light'ning