8698Re: which hammock?

  • dlfrost_1
    Apr 14, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "slowhike" <slowhike@y...>
      wrote:
      > thanks for the response...good info to start on. i`m thinking
      of
      > trying the single eagles nest (avalible at local outfitter) to see
      how
      > i like sleeping in it, but do any of you have experiance comparing
      it
      > to others concerning comfort of the hammock its self. if the basic
      > hammock is comparable, i can take care of tarp,bug net,etc. later.
      > also, i`m 5`10"...i guess the single will be big enough to give me
      > full comfort? thanks...slowhike

      I suggest getting the Eagle's Nest Double for camping. It's easier
      to get a pad or sleeping bag into it. I have a single which I take
      along when dayhiking. I removed the stock metal tie-offs and
      replaced them with lightweight carabiners. They weigh the same but
      are stronger and have a larger/better ends to tie webbing straps onto.

      For testing puropses you don't have to sew anything--just drape your
      bug netting over the hammock from a ridgeline like a few people here
      have done. That way, if you don't like the hammock you can sell it
      unaltered.

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic