8639Re: Bike camping

  • Ron Bush
    Apr 8 12:36 PM
      Paul,

      I recommend the Lawson Blueridge hammock. I bought one for bike camping ( I ride a recumbent, old man's bike). It has the bug net (held up over you) and can be pitched as a bivy. I use a larger tarp than the rain cover that came with it (10x10 silnylon) so I can cover the bike and equipment. I also use the web straps from Ed. Never had a bad night in it, but I don't go in fridgid weather. I had a ball with it one week on the Natchez Trace stealth camping every nite. I felt like I owned the road!! Good luck with your choice.

      http://www.lawsonhammock.com/store/1brch.asp

      Ron