8637Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock for bike camping

  • zippydooda
    Apr 8 6:36 AM
      Just wanted to put in a vote for a thick closed cell pad. Less
      slippery than a thermarest, less bunchy than an thin closed cell (and
      more comfy if you got the ground). It will take up quite a bit of
      space but I think it is worth it.

      Also, have a look at some people's photos of tying off to a car, or
      or the one-pole-method. I know you won't have a car, but it shows
      how creative you can get. And the one-pole idea might come in handy
      for you, using the bike as your pole.

      Have fun. Be careful.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Moz <list@m...> wrote:
      > Paul V. said:
      <snip> night's sleep in the hammock is important. You'll still need a
      > sleeping mat of some sort, and there are a huge number of theories
      on
      > light ways to stay warm. I go the the decent sleeping bag and mat,
      > myself, as it means I can ground camp if I need to (the Hennessy can
      > be pitched on the ground).
      >
      > Big advantages are the fast setup time (note the photo of me putting
      > it up so I have somewhere to sit for lunch), compact size (no poles)
      > and lightness. I have camped in camping grounds with it with no
      > problems, but stealth camping is much better (and somewhat easier
      with
      > a hammock).
      >
      > Moz
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic