8616Re: Hanging hammock

  • dlfrost_1
    Apr 4, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>
      > Any reason setup could be made a bit faster by tying a prussic knot
      > the suspension line then clip a carbineener to it then clip the
      > to the loops in a tree hugger?
      > That way you could make quick adjustments by sliding the prussic.
      > Am I missing something?
      > Scott

      Like the others said, the knot will creep over time when heavily
      loaded. They're not meant for long term holding.

      For everyone's reference: The lightest carabiner I know of is the
      Black Diamond Neutrino, an offset-D wire gate 'biner that weighs 1.25
      ounces each. Online stores show em in silver, but I got mine locally
      in both hard-to-loose gold and stealthy smoke colors. I don't use
      them for camping to save weight, but I do take them with a hammock on
      day hikes for speed and security.

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic