      From: Bill Fornshell [mailto:bfornshell@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:51 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: [Hammock Camping Hike]

      Hi Ed, Dave, and others,

      The Benton Mackaye Trail is said to be finished (well
      some of it seems to still need blazes). There might
      be some interest in an organized (haha)
      "hammockcamping" group hike. Do the new center part
      (90 miles or so) or maybe a complete Thru-Hike of all
      290 miles of it? The maps for the center section are
      on the BMTA web site and I have the route through the
      GSMNP that is supposed to be the approved route.

      It might make a good "4th of July" week event.

      Bill in Texas