8573Re: para cord for straps

  • Rat
    Mar 25, 2005
      True, but I like tearing stuff up:) I have done the same test
      several times, just to see what I can get away with. I did have some
      webbing break also, after the third jump. But, I could tell it was
      gonna break after the second jump. It looked like it was heated up
      and stretched, the next jump broke it. Usually it breaks at the knot
      where it is tied to the hammock.

      The only injury I've had is when a poly rope broke (first jump) it
      broke at the tree hugger, and whacked me accross the face. Yep, it
      left a mark (but not for long)!

      I also do the static tests but their just not as fun!

      Of course, jumping into it from a chair probably exerted well over
      > 600 lbs of force and would have broken more than just paracord!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic