8559Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Alternative Hanging Methods?

    Mar 24, 2005
      That will work. However, there is nothing like the complete amazement
      that occurs with doing this with a single attachment. Two ropes or two
      poles makes it a three legged stool which can not fall over - but that
      is not very amazing. A single pole and a a single tie out is magic.

      BTW, magic does not always work. When I tried to set up this way at the
      March 2004 hammock hangers campout, my set up failed. The necessary
      angles are critical for success.

      I think the technique actually does have benefit when setting up in a
      park-like setting where all the trees have been cleared so that no two
      trees are closer than 20-25 feet. I have never found anyplace on the
      trail where I considered it.

      Risk