8556Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Alternative Hanging Methods?

    Mar 24, 2005
      Tied to the base of a tree. They usually do not pull out.

      I also had the same problem with stakes. I was trying this in the fall
      and the ground was moist. Even deeply placed stakes like you suggest as
      pairs or triplets pulled out.

      From some work with amateur radio, putting antennas up, I might suggest
      using metal fence posts and a fence post driver. Drive them at an angle
      in pairs, like a circus tent at least 18-24 inches deep. But before
      doing that, purchase a highlift jack and a piece of chain to pull the
      fence posts back out! This is not backpacking equipment.

      Risk