8552Re: Alternative Hanging Methods?

  • chcoa
    Mar 23, 2005
      When I used the one pole method it was with a 4x4 post and I staked
      out to the tow hitch on my "evil" SUV so didn't really worry about
      anything pulling out. I have not tried the one pole method while b-
      packing only car camping. sorry, I'm not much help.

      Jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Sandberg"
      <docteric@y...> wrote:

      > For people who've used these alternative methods, how have you
      > staked the hammock out? I've tried the single pole, and the
      > inverted "V" poles. The problem I've always had was the stakes
      > pulling out of the ground. I tried a double stake system (the
      first
      > stake is quite long with a second stake behind it. The a line runs
      > from the top of the first stake to the bottom of the second one.
      > Used on circus tents a lot). Even these havepulled out.
      >
      > How have you succeeded?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic