8549Re: Alternative Hanging Methods?

  • Eric Sandberg
    Mar 23, 2005
      For people who've used these alternative methods, how have you
      staked the hammock out? I've tried the single pole, and the
      inverted "V" poles. The problem I've always had was the stakes
      pulling out of the ground. I tried a double stake system (the first
      stake is quite long with a second stake behind it. The a line runs
      from the top of the first stake to the bottom of the second one.
      Used on circus tents a lot). Even these havepulled out.

      How have you succeeded?

      <jmellis01@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Folks,
      > > I've got a canoe trip down the Pecos in west Texas in May.
      > I'd
      > > love to hammock rather than be on the ground with the creepie
      > > crawlies. Trees seem to be few and far between based on the
      photos
      > > I've seen of the area. I'm not sure about boulders or rock
      > > outcroppings I might be able to hang from. Any desert
      hammockers
      > > out there have any ideas?
      > > Worse comes to worse I can always rig it on the ground
      using
      > > some stakes and a couple of paddles or hiking poles.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > John
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic