8544Re: Alternative Hanging Methods?

  • chcoa
    Mar 22, 2005
      Hi John,

      The option of paddles is an interesting one. I'm a kayaker but have
      not had an opt to try that yet. I have used the one pole method with
      success a few times and recently I hung in an old corral between two
      of the larger fence posts. Worked better than my camara
      unfortunately so no pics but 2 trees are not always needed. Think
      outside the tent!!!

      Best of luck,
      Jamie in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jmellis01" <jmellis01@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      > I've got a canoe trip down the Pecos in west Texas in May.
      I'd
      > love to hammock rather than be on the ground with the creepie
      > crawlies. Trees seem to be few and far between based on the photos
      > I've seen of the area. I'm not sure about boulders or rock
      > outcroppings I might be able to hang from. Any desert hammockers
      > out there have any ideas?
      > Worse comes to worse I can always rig it on the ground using
      > some stakes and a couple of paddles or hiking poles.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic