8540Alternative Hanging Methods?

  • jmellis01
    Mar 22, 2005
      Hi Folks,
      I've got a canoe trip down the Pecos in west Texas in May. I'd
      love to hammock rather than be on the ground with the creepie
      crawlies. Trees seem to be few and far between based on the photos
      I've seen of the area. I'm not sure about boulders or rock
      outcroppings I might be able to hang from. Any desert hammockers
      out there have any ideas?
      Worse comes to worse I can always rig it on the ground using
      some stakes and a couple of paddles or hiking poles.

      Thanks,
      John
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic