8445Greetings!

  • Jon Clarke
    Mar 7 6:12 AM
      Hello, all! I'm new here, and will be new to hammock
      camping, but I'm no newbie to camping or hiking in
      general. I live in Arkansas, which is a veritable
      playground of outdoor experiences.

      My first (and most assuredly not last) question for
      y'all is this: I'm looking to make a hammock for
      camping. I'm good with a sewing machine, but I do
      have two major obstacles. First off, the fabric
      stores around here don't carrry things like ripstop,
      cordura, etc. I'm looking for a good, inexpensive
      place, presumably online, to shop.

      The bigger (no pun intended) obstacle is, well, my
      size; I'm a big'n. I'm 6'1", and currently weigh in
      at 278, and most assuredly, I''m *NOT* interested in a
      fabric failure in the middle of a nice nite's snooze.
      Any suggestions as to the quintessetial big-guy
      hammock fabric?

      Looking forward to swingin' under the stars!
      Pj

      <:3_)~~~ Not just for breakfast anymore!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic