8435Mirage...hammock and quilt length

  • Jeremy
    Mar 1, 2005
      Mirage,

      Good to hear that 4 feet width will probably be OK.

      Just so you know, I'm 5'10", 160lbs.

      Your post raises an interesting question for me, however. Your quilt is 84" long while your
      hammock is 96" long, correct? Does the quilt just bunch up around the hammock for the
      end 6 inches on each side? If so, doesn't it limit the spread of the hammock near the end?
      And if you went to a longer hammock (even just 6" longer), would you need to make a
      longer quilt, or do you think that the current length of 84" would suffice?

      Thanks,

      -howie

      > Howie,
      >
      > My current system is an 8'x4' (96"x48") cut piece, with whipped
      > ends. The 4' width works great for me, but after many nights in the
      > 8' length, I've determined it's just a might bit short, mostly
      > causing tightness and compression of my feet over the course of the
      > night. It's tolerable, but an extra 6" will probably make it
      > perfect. I'm 5'10" tall, so take that into account when you compare
      > to your own needs/desires.
      >
      > Shane "Mirage"...
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic