8433Re: follow-up on catenary cut hammock body

  • Mirage
    Mar 1, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy" <jeremy@j...> wrote:

      > Ray,
      >
      > I'm just finishing a shorter hammock right now (8 feet long).
      While it's still 5 feet wide, I
      > think I'll lay in it for a while, undo the whipping, and cut it
      down to 4 feet to see what
      > happens.
      >
      > -howie
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Garlington"
      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > > I can vouch for the change from 60 inches down to about 52
      inches. I
      > > do not miss the extra fabric at all.

      Howie,

      My current system is an 8'x4' (96"x48") cut piece, with whipped
      ends. The 4' width works great for me, but after many nights in the
      8' length, I've determined it's just a might bit short, mostly
      causing tightness and compression of my feet over the course of the
      night. It's tolerable, but an extra 6" will probably make it
      perfect. I'm 5'10" tall, so take that into account when you compare
      to your own needs/desires.

      Shane "Mirage"...
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic