8312Subject: Re: Silk Hammock "finished"

  • Ray Garlington
    Feb 22, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, ptoddf@a... wrote:
      > Very innovative to use silk (for insulating bag), strange that
      > it's not down proof but that's great information anyway. How about
      a no-seeum
      > net liner to make this work, if silk turns out to be that worth
      using?
      The problem is very fine feathers working through the fabric. No-
      seeum netting would not slow them down any.

      > Looking forward to your field tests of silk hammock.

      I'll let everyone know how it goes; however, Gardenville has already
      reported that an 8mm silk hammock body has held up for about a year
      of use. I think he was in the 150-160 pound range at that time.
      I'm using the 10mm silk, which is heavier, but weigh more: 185
      pounds.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic