8237Re: [Hammock Camping] question for risk

    Feb 15, 2005

      BTW, I am thinking of documenting the heck out of my building the next
      hammock and putting the sewing instructions, photos, and some audio
      snippets on a CD. That way, detailed instructions could be available
      for those who really want them as shareware. I am aware that the
      WarmHammock is a bit more difficult than the other designs. I only know
      of one other person who has taken my basic instructions and made the
      hammock for themselves. The design is sound. I think it needs more

      robi wrote:

      >hi risk,
      >so that WH u have on you site with the baffles on the side is what you
      >are talking about, right? with the right amount of insulation you could
      >keep warm down to failry cookl temps, then on those cokd nights break out
      >the travel pod????
      >On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:38:10 -0500, Rick <ra1@...> wrote:
      >>Hi Robi,
      >>I have my first warm hammock, the one that is cranberry colored hung up
      >>in my spare bedroom. I often nap in it. I think it works great in
      >>warmish atmospheres too.
      >>I believe that a thinner insulated WarmHammock is about the best
      >>approach to an underquilt and eliminates the need to carry all of the
      >>pad I have been carrying. It will probably be lighter than the ZHammock
      >>plus its pad. I will still be carrying a 20x36 inch piece of pad that
      >>can be used as the frame of my pack, as a pad in a shelter, and as a pad
      >>to escape to the ground. However, many nights, the pad may stay in my
      >>pack and allow me to pack up in the morning much easier. I also will
      >>not need to fiddle with getting the pad to be situated in just the right
      >>place between the layers of my hammock.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic