8232Re: [Hammock Camping] question for risk

    Feb 13, 2005
      Hi Robi,

      I have my first warm hammock, the one that is cranberry colored hung up in my spare bedroom.  I often nap in it.  I think it works great in warmish atmospheres too.

      I believe that a thinner insulated WarmHammock is about the best approach to an underquilt and eliminates the need to carry all of the pad I have been carrying.  It will probably be lighter than the ZHammock plus its pad.  I will still be carrying a 20x36 inch piece of pad that can be used as the frame of my pack, as a pad in a shelter, and as a pad to escape to the ground. However, many nights, the pad may stay in my pack and allow me to pack up in the morning much easier.  I also will not need to fiddle with getting the pad to be situated in just the right place between the layers of my hammock.

      Risk

      robi wrote:
      rick,

      why would you want to use the warm hamock for summer camping too?

      On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:47:41 -0500, Rick <ra1@...> wrote:

      Robi,

      Most of my winter camping has been with the ZHammock or the
      Quarterweight Hammock.  In the cold cold cold nights (Below 10 F) I have
      used the WarmHammock so far.  However, I am promising myself that I will
      be using a thinner insulated WarmHammock this spring and summer for even
      warm weather.  It will have about an inch of insulation.  I have all the
      materials, and just need to take the time to sew it up.

      Risk

      robi wrote:

      rick,

      just which of yoru hammocks do you use in the cold cold cold wintery
      nights you go out int?

      the zhammock or the warm hammock...

      starting to get confused ....

      robi