816RE: Hammock Camping Cutting down Speer Hammock

    Mar 6, 2003
      John, I've considered this myself, but haven't tried it. My sewer informes me that doing anything less than a perfect rectangle will require that the bug net also be cut differently to accomodate the new hammock shape--but that may not be too difficult.  I'm anxious to hear how it works for you...Ed
      I've been playing with some cheap fabric (Supplex-like) in making a prototype
      Speer Hammock.  Right now it's 5' wide.  I'd like to cut this down to either 4'
      wide or to an elongated triangle, 5' wide in the middle and 3.5' wide on the
      ends.  Any opinions as to which is better/more comfortable.  I'm 6'2" and the
      fabric is 10.5 feet long.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic