8134Re: [Hammock Camping] Second Night

  • Ralph Oborn
    Feb 3, 2005
      JD, For more variability on more slack (Slakers R Us) try this.

      1) Just lengthen the rope a touch.

      2) Make an X frame from a couple of stout sticks (about 2 inches) make
      the cross at about 6 foot high to match the tree hanging height. Run
      guy lines into the ground to brace the frame.

      3) Rick (the master in all things hammock has a single stick solution
      that is worth trying.

      If you haven't already take a look at the spreadsheet in the files
      section which you can use to calculate the static load at various
      hanging angles.

      Of course the dynamic load can be much larger.

      Ralph