8126Re: Result of my first adventure with the ZHammock

  • Risk
    Feb 2, 2005
      Good story J.D.

      A couple comments. If the hammock seems too short, tie one end 6
      inches higher than the other. Head goes at low end. It will not
      really change the sleeping angle much, but it will shift your bottom
      toward the head end by about 6 inches and give you lots more room.

      When temperatures are cold (usually very very cold) I take my winter
      jacket and use it as a pad for my lower legs between the layers of the
      double bottom. That helps with cold spots a whole lot.

      I often lie about a third on one side, with my face against one side
      or the other and my hips shifted toward one side, but without actually
      being on my side. It is a comfortable way for me to sleep. When I
      first tried sleeping on my side, I found that the side of the upper
      knee hurt. Crossing my feet seemed to take away that tenderness.

      Yes, putting the tarp up does keep the frost from forming on the
      hammock. It might make you much happier.

      You might want to take a look at my overlap pad, It keeps knees and
      shoulders much warmer than any other method I have found short of the
      WarmHammock.

      http://www.imrisk.com/overlappad/overlap.htm

      Risk

      > Happy Ground Hog Day!
      >
      > Results from my first ZHammock adventure:
      >
      > 9:30 PM - ....
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic