8122Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Result of my first adventure with the ZHammock

  • Amy Skowronek
    Feb 2, 2005
      On Feb 2, 2005, at 11:32 AM, J.D. Hoessle wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "David Chinell" <dchinell@m...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> I've used a 1/2-inch thick sit pad of blue CC foam to
      >> insulate moving targets. I just throw it into the mix on top
      >> of everything, then jam it wherever my knees or elbows are
      >> cold.
      >
      > Thanks, Bear!
      >
      > Love the phrase "insulate moving targets"....<g>...! That describes
      > everything to a "T" - Thanks!
      >
      > Wider pad(S) have also been suggested; but, if a small sit-pad would
      > work....? Will try that too!

      I use my sit-pad under my feet, which are always cold. I like to sleep
      on my side so I stuff a fleece jacket under my knees and/or butt.
      There's usually enough random clothing around to insulate the pokey-out
      bits.

      -amy
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic