8119Re: ZHammoch Project Photos

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Feb 2, 2005
      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > Congrats on your first hammock. The edges look a little floppy.
      > Perhaps you can try rewhipping each end and pulling the edges out a
      > couple of inches on each side. Then try hanging the hammock with
      > increasing amounts of sag until you can sleep across the hammock
      > almost flat. I haven't experimented with the Rick's double bottom
      > hammock, but maybe once you determine your diagonal sweet spot, you
      > can insert your insulation to match. Also, once you determine the
      > proper sag, I'd put a permanent, fixed ridge line across to make
      > setting up faster, easier and more repeatable.

      Thank you for your input.

      I attempted to find that "diagonal sweet spot" last night to no avail.
      Which leads me to thinking it may be too short - I will try
      re-whipping the ends - I did follow that!

      The "floppy edges" are (I think) because of the pads being in there.

      "Increasing amounts of sag" --- OK... I assumed that one neede to
      hang it *taut*...? Perhaps with more sag, I will have more room to
      tose-and-turn.

      Many Thanks!

      By the time Trail Fest in Hot Springs rolls around, I will have a more
      "finished" product and may have figured this out.

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic