8094Re: Spent the money, Rick.

  • jwj32542
    Jan 31, 2005
      Congrats on your first hammock, JD! Isn't it addictive?! Soon
      you'll be making that dress everyone on this list told me to make...

      I got almost all of my sewing tips from this list or from websites
      suggested by this list, so you're in the right place to learn.

      FWIW, I made my first double-layer hammock with a "somewhat
      straight" stitch, too...also my first project. It's worked out
      great so far, and it's more comfortable than my single-layer ones,
      too.

      Jeff

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
      wrote:

      > OK, this kinda ties into the other Post (Materials) here today.
      >
      > Because of my error in feet versus yards, I did not get enough
      ripstop
      > the first time for the ZHammock. Found some wally-world $1.00 /
      yard
      > "ripstop-looking" stuff and mentioned it here. Rick made (The
      > correct!) statement which was something to the effect: "Why take
      the
      > chance?."
      >
      > So, I found another local fabric store and known-good ripstop was
      only
      > $4.29 / yard.
      >
      > AND....!!!! Got it all sewed up!!!! Did I mention that I missed
      the
      > instructions where it says to use a Zig_Zag stitch....? Seems
      like it
      > will work with my "somewhat" straight stitching. This is my
      > first-ever sewing adventure and if anyone here ever gets to see
      this
      > project and starts laughing..... Well, I may just... Ahhh...
      Forget
      > it...<g>...
      >
      > Let's see now. Figure in my time spent learning about that *BOBBIN
      > THINGY* [&*%$#@%$&], my learning curve, sewing time thus far...
      Well,
      > if I were to pay myself minimum wage, this is now an $852.75
      hammock!

      > OK.... On to the Whipping Post tonight! Ahhh... "Whipping" the
      ends
      > together....<g>...
      >
      > Then, the testing of my *Gold-Plated-ZHammock*...!
      >
      > Happy Trails,
      >
      > J.D.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic