8084Aerial Photos on Terraserver; was Re: Hiking in from site 415 to 413

  • zippydooda
    Jan 30, 2005
      The aerial photos are very helpful. Once I was trying to follow a
      trail map the I had picked up at the ranger station, and I thought I
      was losing my mind until I pulled out the aerial photos I had
      printed, and realized the the map from the rangers was wrong. Or
      maybe they would say "highly interpretive and schematic in nature".
      Whatever, it was wrong. The photos helped me regain my sanity and
      make it to camp.

      Bill in Houston

      > Thats alright, the terraserver site is still a great resource, I use
      > it whenever I plan a trip. I also use the imagery part, print out a
      > map and tell people "we'll be camped under that tree!".

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic