8074RE: [Hammock Camping] Hiking in from site 415 to 413

    Jan 29, 2005

      Ralph, JD and everyone

      Thanks for keeping the list light hearted with your ‘jesting’.  It’s input like yours that make this list fun as well as informative.  We all appreciate a little jest once in a while—as long as it’s not at my expense, of course!  LOL     ….Ed   List moderator

      From: Ralph Oborn [mailto:Ralph.oborn@...]
      Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:21 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Hiking in from site 415 to 413

      Thats alright, the terraserver site is still a great resource, I use
      it whenever I plan a trip. I also use the imagery part, print out a
      map and tell people "we'll be camped under that tree!".

      I assume it is OK to JEST on this list, or should the JESTING only
      take place over on Kampfire?

      I recently askes for volenteers for a poison Ivy experiment, next week
      we acan do a skunk stink and moswuito experiment.   :]

      Ralph

      On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:58:00 -0000, J.D. Hoessle <JD@...> wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com , Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > downloadable topo maps here, free
      > >
      > > http://terraserver-usa.com/
      > >
      > > Ralph
      >
      > Good Morning!  And, Thank You, Ralph!
      >
      > That's a great site - didn't know about it...!
      >
      > But...  No offense now...  This whole thread was IN JEST...
      >
      > I will be attending Trail Fest in Hot Springs , NC and have reserved
      > the camp site immediately next to where Mr. Speer is setting up all of
      > his hammocks.
      >
      > I am seldom very serious (about anything), have a tendency to joke too
      > much, and probably do not get that across when I post here.
      >
      > Happy Trails,
      >
      > J.D.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic