798Re: Hammock Camping Newbie to the group

  • blqysmg
    Mar 4, 2003
      Thanks for the reply, Bear. I was thinking about the whole idea of
      the closed-cell pad (I'm thinking that's what this Target Blue Pad
      everyone talks about must be.) I never liked laying directly on my
      Army OD Green pad, and thought that maybe a cloth sleave would make
      some difference to the comfort level of it.

      I'll try the Target pad bare first, then look for alternitives if
      needed. I just saw a website (found it on this list) with an "under
      blanket," or liner for the bottom of the hammock. That seems to make
      the most sense, although it will be a good bit more work to put
      together.

      I'm thinking of trying one of my son's sleeping bags, opened up and
      held onto the bottom of the hammock with bungee cords.

      Between the blanket idea, and closed foam pads of some make, I'm sure
      I can stay comfy.

      David

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic