      From: "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@...>
      Subject: Re: Smokies question

      You can get all the info you need about the park at the Park Service
      website for the GSMNP:
      http://www.nps.gov/grsm/
      Pay attention to road closures and other weather info prior to your
      trip.  (Overnight temp info is posted for LeConte and other locations
      in the park.)  The trail map commonly available at sign-in points is
      posted as a PDF in the maps section and should be obtained.  All the
      rules and reservation info are on the back of that as well.

      I usually backpack in the Smokies, using shelters only when
      necessary.  I'll file the reservation plans, and I'll use the hanging
      hardware to protect my gear...but I'll never willingly sleep in a
      shelter again.  :-)

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic