7791Re: To Cat or not to Cat, was re:Tyvek

  • ccp5655
    Jan 3, 2005

      > Did you ever get around to making one with a catenary ridgeline?

      In my experience, tarps with caternary ridge lines have only one best
      angle for the sides to spread. Any other angle runs into problems with
      the sides going slack.

      I think the flat tarps with ridge reinforcement (like the MacCat
      tarps) solve most of the problem that caternary ridge lines are meant
      to address. Flat tarps have the added advantage of greater versatility.

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic