7781[Hammock Camping] Re: WesternHammock Gathering

  • chcoa
    Jan 2, 2005
      I'm in for both places as well and any kind of camping set up is fine
      with me. I'm trying to summit the 20 highest peaks (with trails) in
      AZ so if we do something around the Santa Catalinas my vote is for
      something a little higher up with a day hike to the MT. Lemmon summit
      and if we go to the Santa Ritas I'd like to hit Mt. Wrightson. But
      if you guys aren't up for any of those trails then I'm fine kicking
      back at a car campsite too and just enjoying the breeze.

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
      > Hi All
      >
      > The weekends listed are good for me. Although I wonder what the
      weather
      > would be like in Feb. As to location, I would like to suggest the
      Santa Rita
      > Mountains south of Tucson, i.e. Maderia Canyon. Or the Sabino
      Canyon basin in the
      > Catalinas.
      >
      > Question: will this be camp-out-of-the-back-of-the-truck or a hike-
      in and
      > base camp?I'm up for both.
      >
      > Walter
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic