771RE: Hammock Camping Cutting down Speer Hammock

  • David Chinell
    Mar 3 11:17 AM
      John:

      I use the Tropical Hammock manufactured by Nomad Travel.
      This is a simple, rectangular piece of cloth with a
      drawstring in either end. When laid out flat the body is 7
      feet 10 inches long by 3 feet 6 inches wide.

      I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, and around 200 lbs (on a low-grav
      day). This width seems just the tiniest bit shallow to me.
      I've often thought about making a Speer hammock that was 4
      feet wide, to see how that would feel.

      I'm afraid you'll have to do the R&D on this one yourself,
      but I wanted to let you know that 3-1/2 feet wide would be
      workable.

      Bear
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic