      From: jwj32542
      Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:27 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: Sleeping system for HH

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers"
      <redroach@e...> wrote:
      > The underquilt pattern in the files section is cool, but way
      pricey to make.

      I just made two kid-sized Primaloft quilts for $60.  If you have a
      sewing machine, you could easily make a normal-sized 2.1" Primaloft
      quilt for about the same.  I was pretty surprised at how easy it
      was.  (Still haven't done the Velcro, though!)

      > Now for a question.  Will an undercover that covers from
      head/shoulders  to
      > the butt region be enough? Those areas seem the coldest/most
      > regions.

      That should work if you don't move much.  I toss and turn so I need
      more coverage.

      The trick will be keeping the quilt's sides tight against the
      hammock while not compressing the insulation.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic