7684pad and cold weather camping

    Dec 22, 2004
      i found a great pad at rei 3/8 thick 25 inch wide.i cut it down to 50
      inches long.this alone with my ED SPEER lite loft 30 degree.TO make
      this quilt work better i attached 2 elastic straps,one at the waist
      and the shoudlers.i paid 99.00 for this great quilt,it wieghs 1 lb
      and 10 oz,the pad i paid 12.00,wiehs less than 7 oz.i camped in 30
      degree windy weather,i only used my hammock during summer months this
      year.i use a hh ultralite back packer with a jacks are better
      oversized silnylon tarp 60.00,i removed the standard 1 inch x 42 tree
      hugger straps and replaced them with 1 x 66 in tree huggers,also for
      winter camping i am adding a jacks are better under weather skirt.
      45.00 and his python skins will repace my snake skinns.i highly
      recomend ED SPEERS book on hammock camping,ed is one of the nicest
      hammock camping guru,s you will ever want to meet.
      happy hammocking and and trails to all NEO.