7673Re: Sleeping system for HH

  • jack_tier
    Dec 21, 2004
      Quilts and under quilts make the most sense in a hammock if you are
      going to buy....Almost all use bags as quilts once thet get the hang
      of the hammock.....so spare the expense and weight of the bag and go
      the quilts route.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "rebraswell"
      <rebraswell@y...> wrote:

      > I have just ordered a HH. I have never used a hammock for
      camping.
      > My concern is a sleeping system. I currently have a Pro Lite 4
      > regular size therm-a-rest and Mountain Hardware Quantum 3D - 1st
      > Dimension (30 degree) bag. I understand that there is difficulty
      in
      > keeping the air pad from slipping out from under you. I am
      thinking
      > about going to a Big Anges Zirkel (20 degree) or Horse thief (35
      > degree) and combine with the Lost Dog (50 degree) on very cold
      nights
      > (would be 2 pads). Another option I am considering is Western
      > Mountaineering Ultra Light (20 degree) with Lost Dog. I plan
      using
      > my hammock with temp ranges down to 20 - 25 degrees. I would love
      > hear from others on their sleeping systems. Thanks - Rob
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic