7429Re: [Hammock Camping] How tight? What Angle?

    Dec 6, 2004
      Bill,

      I have some info in my folder (Youngblood) in the files section. The
      dimensions I give are after stretch, so like was previous posted it
      does change a tad depending on the amount of stretch you get. With
      my Speer class hammocks, with my weight and using 1/4" hollow braid
      polypro rope, I would guess that I am getting about 10% stretch and I
      allow for that when I hang my hammock by shortening the support
      ropes. I can usually pace off the distance between supports and get
      it hung pretty close on the first try. What kind of hammock are you
      using?

      Youngblood
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic