      From: "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@...>
      Subject: Ground Dweller

      Good Morning!

      I plan on joining the Speer Hammock Camping adventure on Springer
      Mountain on New Years Eve.  ...for a first-hand look at hammocks, Pea
      Pods, etc.  This opportunity/idea of saving a couple pounds (!!!) in
      my pack is too exciting.
      snip

      Planning on using the Amicalola Falls State Park as a Base Camp.
      Found that it is 8 - 9 miles to Springer from there.  Anyone know the
      elevation gain / time to hike in...?  I am on a tight schedule and
      have to drive over 600 miles to get there.

      snip

      J.D.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic