7368Subject: Re:staying warm in Hennessy hammock/Horsethief bag

  • stephanie
    Nov 27, 2004
      Hi Coy! Thanks for the input. The horse thief has no hood, but
      apparently your head is supposed to still lay inside the bag..I got
      this from one of the BGT reviews, same with the pillow pocket being
      on the inside...I did a google and found one image from
      backpacking.net of a person in the bag....

      http://www.backpacking.net/gear-reviews/horse-thief.jpg

      I'm going to go right now and lay in my bag and see what my problem
      is.

      stephanie

      > Hi Stephanie
      >
      > Just wondering if the pad sleeve with pad inside is what's going
      > on. If the pad keeps the lower side from snugging up like most
      > other sleeping bags I think this may be what is causing the funny
      > fit you describe when you try to adjust the face opening. I am not
      > familiar with the smaller BA bags but the Hog Park I tested for BGT
      > was a lot different than a normal bag on a pad. It kept the hood
      > from snugging around my head. I basically just adjusted it so I
      had
      > a hole to look out of. It felt much different becaus I'm used to a
      > snug fitting hood. I touched on this a little in my Hog Park \
      \
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic