7330Speer Hammocks Web Site Down

    Nov 24, 2004
      I just got off the phone with Ed Speer. He knows his site is down,
      it crashed just before he was leaving town for a Thanksgiving
      vacation and he was unable to get it back up and running before he
      had to leave. He will work on it next week when he gets back. Hope
      everyone has a great holiday.

      Youngblood

      P.S. I believe that the hammock campout that someone mentioned in a
      prior post was the annual New Years Eve campout that has been going
      on for several years near the southern terminus of the Appalachian
      Trail (AT), at the Springer Mountain Shelter. It is not particularly
      for hammocks, but hammocks are okay if that's what you want to use...
      as usual, Ed is planning on being there with his. As far as I know
      it is open to all and is somewhat a tradition for AT enthusiasts that
      want to gather together on the AT to bring in the New Year.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic