727Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 55 -- Reflectix

  • drdlm <drdlm@yahoo.com>
    Feb 24, 2003
      http://www.reflectixinc.com/

      The above has some information that may prove helpful in finding this
      material. I'm positive that most Home Depots (as described so well by
      Jim) carry the product. Maybe the info will help give your clerk
      Dean

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76
      <colonelcorn76@y...>" <colonelcorn76@y...> wrote:
      > Nancy,
      >
      > I was in my Home Depot tonight and checked to see if they still
      > carried it. When I looked in the heating/cooling aisle they didn't
      > have any on the shelves. They had foil faced fiberglass stocked.
      The
      > clerk didn't know what I was talking about. (sigh)
      >
      > On my way out I checked the building materials (lumber) end of the
      > store and found it there. They now stock it in the same aisle as
      > normal pink house insulation batts/rolls. It's not very big so
      check
      > where they have the foam (pink & blue sheets) insulation stocked.
      > The aisle was about 3/4 Pink Panther stuff and the end 1/4 was "all
      > other insulation". It used to be that it was used to insulate
      > heating/cooling ductwork. Now the wrapper has pictures of things
      > like chicken coops ceilings (kid you not!) so it's now in with the
      > structural insulation.
      >
      > My HD carries it in 16" x 25' ($15), 24" x 25' ($25ish) and 4'(!) x
      > 25' ($40). It's in rolls that they lay on a shelf so you'll only
      see
      > the circular end and 25' rolls into about an 8" diameter circle so
      > it doesn't look that big.
      >
      > If you want some and can't find it, let me know & I'd be glad to
      get
      > a roll for you & ship it -- it weighs almost nothing so it can't be
      > too expensive to ship.
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Fister"
      > <nafister@u...> wrote:
      > > Dean,
      > > Where can you find the Reflectix stuff? I've got a Big Agnes
      > system And a
      > > HH and this sounds great!
      > > I've tried Home Depot and they searched all over to no avail,
      I've
      > checked
      > > my local lumber yards and they don't have it either.
      > > Thanks,
      > > Nancy
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic