7214Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock City

  • Mike Jenkins
    Nov 5, 2004
      I second this... Wood Badge is one of the best scouting experiences
      I've had. It is also a great leadership training course that offers
      practical experience in business and life.

      I used my Hennessey Hammock during Wood Badge. Between the first and
      second outing, two more in my patrol bought hammocks.

      Mike
      "I used to be a bear..."

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, jonas4321@j... wrote:
      > "I used to be an Eagle" is part of a song called "Back to Gilwell",
      which
      > is sung by Scouters that have taken (or are taking!) the BSA Wood
      Badge
      > training course. Eagle is one of the Patrols that participants might
      > belong to as they take the course. It does not refer to the rank of
      > Eagle.
      >
      > Other Patrol names are Antelope (Ralph is one of those, they are
      somewhat
      > rare), Fox (Steve Joiner is one of them), Owl, Beaver, Bobwhite,
      Buffalo,
      > Bear, and Eagle (that's me!). We affectionately refer to these as
      > "critters". "I used to be..." is a catch-phrase we use as Wood
      Badgers-
      > it always brings a smile.
      >
      > Wood Badge is an advanced leader training course for all Scouting
      leaders
      > (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, Venturing, Council, etc.) and it
      > focuses on team building and leadership. It usually is a very
      significant
      > and heart-felt experience for those that take the course (or staff
      it, as
      > I have been fortunate enough to do several times). It is also
      extremely
      > helpful training, not just in being a Scout leader, but at work and
      in
      > life, too.
      >
      > I never even was a Boy Scout- I dropped out at the Webelos rank in
      Cub
      > Scouting (as did my brother- we got bored!), but my son is an
      Eagle, and
      > I know what you mean by Once an Eagle, Always an Eagle!
      >
      > Jonas
      >
      > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:02:31 -0800 (PST) Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...>
      > writes:
      > >
      > > Our troop gets our lashing poles from similar sources
      > > as well. But the scope in that picture is quite
      > > something. Talk about a lot of knots! Oh, but
      > > Jonas4321, what's with this?
      > >
      > > --- jonas4321@j... wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "I used to be an Eagle..."
      > >
      > > Remember, once an Eagle, always an Eagle. It's the
      > > only rank you are allowed to carry into adulthood.
      > > There is no former....
      > >
      > > =====
      > > Though I may die tomorrow, at least I can do it with the
      knowledge
      > > that once I did know true love -unknown

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/z1TolB/TM

      > Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
      > Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
      > Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic