7162Re: What are the features of different kinds of Hammocks

  • laughingowl1961
    Nov 1, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Craig Everhart <_craig@y...>
      wrote:
      > I am an interested beginner in Hammock camping.
      > Looking around the web I have found several Hammocks
      > that seem to be good canidates.
      >
      > Speer Hammock
      > Hennessey Hammock
      > Clark Jungle Hammock
      > Crazy Creek
      >
      > Does anyone have an opinion on the relative merits of
      > these hammocks? What would you recommend to a newbie?
      >
      > Does sleeping in a hammock do weird things to your
      > body? Can you sleep on your side? I like to sleep on
      > my stomach - that seems out of the question.
      > I am in my 50's and getting a bit arthritic.
      > I have never been too comfortable in a rope hammock.
      > Is there a difference? (I have a feeling that's a
      > stupid question)
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Craig
      >
      > Craig,
      I am new here too, my first post. I have a Hennessy hammock
      and a Clark hammock. I bought the Hennessy first, then bought the
      Clark. Both are very good hammocks in my opinion, but I am more of
      a camper than a hiker and the Clark suits me better. My 4 and 6
      year old kids love the Hennessy hammock. I am 43 and the Clark
      suits me for overnight trips. It is more bulkier and weighs more
      than the Hennessy hammock but I prefer it. I have only read about
      the Speer and Crazy Creek hammocks, but they sound well made also.
      I really like my Clark hammock, out camping or just in the yard, I
      really enjoy it. Being in your 50's and aching joints, I think you
      would appreciate and enjoy a Clark hammock over a Hennessy hammock
      with bottom entry. Just my opinion. And rope hammocks do not
      compare with camping hammocks, least not in my mind.

      Take care,

      > Do you Yahoo!?
      > Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      > www.yahoo.com