7100Re: [Hammock Camping] How low can you go?

  • Bill Fornshell
    Oct 22, 2004
      My current hammock is an Ed Speer Silk Hammock. It is
      made out of 1.02oz per square yard Silk. It is over a
      year old and has held up great. I am going to try a
      lighter Silk .57oz per square yard and see how that
      works. One thing to consider is how much do you
      weigh. Today I weigh 165 and I am 6' tall.

      Ed's style of hammock requires really no sewing except
      along the sides of the hammock for the bug net Velcro.
      The hammock made from the .57oz silk may not have
      Velcro sewn on it.

      Bill in Texas and I use the Silk.

      --- Eric Sandberg <docteric@...> wrote:

      > I'm wondering how low people have gone as far as the
      > weight of their
      > hammock fabric.
      > I know Ed recommends 1.9 oz for folks under 200,
      > Rich uses 1.1 for
      > his double layered, and one person (sorry, I forget
      > your name) uses
      > silk.
      > Has anyone gone with a single layer of 1.5 or 1.1
      > (or even
      > lighter)? What were your results?

      Do You Yahoo!?